Sunday, July 28, 2013

Best Friends.

Once upon a time, there were a girl and a boy, and they were the best of friends. Jack being the boy, and me being the young lady. We pretty much do what best friends do. One day, I realized that I love him. I gathered every ounce of courage I had at that moment and confessed about my feelings for him.

Everything changed.

We became more than friends. More than best friends, even. So we went on like an ordinary couple's life would; watch sappy movies together, have doughnuts and tea for teatime, go on a walk in the park, stroll around the beach, have a picnic with all our favourite foods, and he would send me a letter in times I would've least expected it. Sure, they were all romantic. Too romantic, too much sugar, too dull. 

I mean, what could go wrong?

We painted the perfect picture that we never seemed to have gotten.

Life wasn't as fun as it used to be when we were best pals. He didn't talk much nor would he act like we're close anymore. He'd be secretive about his thoughts, his feelings, his life. Knowing him, he wasn't much like this, no less than being the 'reserve' type. And in the back of my mind, I knew my feelings for him were fading away.

But I've kept it a secret...



































Until today.


No comments: