Monday, August 11, 2014

A Burning Love Letter

They say it doesn't matter how you look, how much you weigh or how much makeup you put on, the right person will love you for what's inside.

Never mind what people say.
Your physical appearance was never the issue for me.
Not that it didn't matter, it mattered.
I just choose to see the other beautiful side of you.
Frankly, I think you're cute in your own special ways.
I loved you for what's inside.
And it was your 'inside' that doused the fiery love I had for you.

My dear,
I no longer want to tell you what's wrong and what's right or get upset when you couldn't tell why I sulked.
It's good that you wanted to learn me, but I'm not your teacher.
I cannot be your teacher.
You'll have to be an independent student; learning through observations and cognition.

On July 29th,
You took my heart and left it maimed on the cold wooden floor for 2 weeks.
Eventually, the heart takes in the chilliness from the floor and into the former's core.
But like everything else, all wounds heal.
I'll take it back and start shaping the disfigured heart; one stitch at a time.
Even when I cringed at the sound of our musics, I bore the malaise.
Most of the time, I'm reminded of you.

But love,
Now, slowly and very painfully, I start to accept things.
I'm not over you and I probably never will be.
I'll always have feelings for you, through and through.
Albeit it all, I will eradicate my soft spot for you.




And it's a promise I don't intend on breaking.

No comments: