Sunday, February 19, 2012

Kuala Terengganu!

Awuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! *howls like a werewolf*

Sooooooooo. Me went back to dear hometown in Kuala Terengganu 'bout a couple of weeks ago.
There were Dad, Mum, Chu, Angah and moi. :B

Day 1
We arrived in the evening and just lay down on the carpet in the living room after getting the bags etcetera upstairs. Penat gila duduk dalam kereta lama2. We haven't been travelling for quite some time so sitting in the car for many hours did take its toll on us that day. Tok and Kak Ani cooked (I actually typed 'cooked' as 'cookie' trolol) good food for dinner that night. Nasi putih, telur dadar, ayam goreng, sambal belacan, some ulam and other fews. Phewwww! I didn't eat as much as I thought I would when I had my eyes laid upon the food served on the table in the beginning and this, this just surprised me. After dinner, Dad, Angah and I went out for a ride around the city. Saja tengok jalan and lampu2 semua. Beautiful street lights, they have. Then kitorang stop dekat belakang Pasar Payang tu. Ada macam ala2 i-City punya pokok along the road there. Pastu pastuuu, pergi mamak sattttt hehe. Despite Abah has promised us and himself that he won't be eating anything after dinner! Ish ish ish. (This is precisely why I just LOVE hanging out with the guys in my family!) Balik tu, Dad busied himself with the Glow Hockey on Angah's tab while Angah was, well, sleeping. I, on the other hand, got to the laptop (hours after Abah used it -_-) and went for Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries like I always do hehe. Ended my night around 5am.





Day 2
All I could think of is the kind of food I can get here (here meaning Terengganu) so I literally gorged myself with Terengganu delicacies like nasi dagang, pulut lepa, keropok lekor, you know, stuff like that. Oh wait. I didn't get the chance to have pulut lepaaaaaaaa. One time, the hawker stall was already closed somewhere in the afternoon and they were out of pulut lepa the next day. Tak ada rezeki orang kata. Tak apa. There's always next time, insyaAllah.

Okay Day 2 was an eventful one. *cracks knuckles*

Had nasi dagang with tender meat oooooohhh sedapnya ya Allah! I could've sworn my pupils enlarged at the first bite! Had tea too hihi. You should know, I'm a heavy tea drinker. So having a delish meal for brekkie with perfect taste of tea really had me going that day. 
Lepas tuuu, went to Masjid Terapung for picnic during lunch! I had soooooooooo much fun with Dad and Angah that I just forgot about everything, even AFookies! Ah-ha! And I don't normally do that. :P
I had Abah and Angah to sing the ABC song. Dad obviously failed when he sang,

"A B C D E F G, H I J K L M N, P Q R S T U".. and so on. LOL.  My brother and I cracked like we were high on drugs! As for Angah, he got it right but I liberally had him corrected by saying, "Bukan la, Angah. Remember when we used to sing like this: A B C D E F G, H I J K LMNOP, Q R S T U AND V, W, X, Y AND Z!" Hahaha. Angah laughed his heart out at that point of time. So did Dad and I. :))

Oh yeah! We had nasi kerabu, mee goreng, keropok lekor and some fruits for dessert underneath a shady tree, overseeing the beach with a mosque that appears to be "floating" (hence the name Masjid Terapung).

Mama kata, "patah la absorber." hikhik!
Kay la, kay laa. Kita jengket kaki. :3
Ze only Masjid Terapung, ladies and gentlemen!
That evening, we went to Astaka. There was this pasar malam-like happening around. The hawker centre was great! Semua makanan ada. Cendol dia, mak aiii. Can't get that kind of cendol anywhere else, mate! So jalan2, makan2, then balik. That night Angah balik KD. He had to work the next day so he got himself a plane ticket just so he won't tire himself too much for the journey. Lepas hantar Angah dekat airport, Dad and I sent Mama and Tok back home and we made our way to Chendering.
Guess what? I went to see Izy kot! Woooooooh! Dad accompanied us as he knew I have a bad sense of direction, even in places I know well like KD. (O.O)
Yadayadayada, pergi lah makan dekat kedai ni. At least I did. Dad and Izy just ordered a drink each blegh. Booooring. :L
We had quite a conversation juga la that night hihi. I haven't seen her in awhile so 'twas good to see my bestie again even for a short while. :)
Izy had to go back early so we ended the night before midnight and headed for home.

Day 3
The 3rd day wasn't really a memorable one in particular. Had breakfast, relax2, pergi Teluk Ketapang makan sotong goreng, ikan goreng and air kelapa semua, Pantai Batu Buruk tengok laut sambil makan keropok lekor  panas2. FWAH! Those keropok lekor were really a "Finger Lickin' Good!" one! Time flew and it was time to hit the road. That's the end of holiday for my parents and brother and "back to reality" fer me.

Take 1: Daddy! You weren't supposed to look! Again, again!

Take 2: Okay... Stay that way, Dad. I want it to be a candid! Hehe.

Bloody hell. I did not realize this entry has gone up to THIS length! :O
But anyways, I had a jolly good time there. Definitely no regrets for cancelling my meeting with clients. Not for all this, at least. ;)

No comments: